Monday, November 26, 2007

Band Finale

Grandchild #4, Emily, along with hundreds of other High School students across the country, has worked hard all summer playing clarinet in the Leo School Marching Band. In the recent N. E. Indiana finals, Leo placed admirably and everyone concerned - taxi-driver parents not the least - was relieved when the season finally ended.
A couple of weeks later, selected students from each of the bands were invited to give a concert in one of the local schools. Accordingly, 105 students got together, worked on their program for a day and a half and then presented the finished item to a hall full of adoring family members. A good time was had by one and all, especially the somewhat whacky, wish-I-was-a-guy, over the top guest director.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRANDPA I LOOK RETARDED TAKE MY PIC OFF!

Vicki and Don said...

First I have to say that I can not only totally relate to the comment from Emily re: the picture, but I have also been one of those band parents! I was slightly crazy though, because I was also the Treasurer of the Band Parents and was at every single performance whether it was a football game, parade, competition or winter band! The band, flags and dance team won many, many of their competitions which made it very exciting for all - including the parents! :-)